ESL Questions about Gossip
Here is Lesson 39 with 20 English Questions about ‘gossip’ to ask a person or students in an ESL class. Model answers can be viewed in the book. See the link below.
QUESTIONS STUDENT A
- What is gossip?
- Where do people usually gossip?
- Are you interested in celebrity gossip?
- What are the most common topics for gossip?
- What is the difference between gossip and a rumor?
- Have you ever gotten someone in trouble by gossiping about them?
- Do you think women gossip more than men?
- How would you deal with gossip about you?
- After answering these questions about gossip, has your attitude towards it changed?
- Eleanor Roosevelt said: “Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.” Do you agree?
QUESTIONS STUDENT B
- Why do people enjoy gossip?
- What is some gossip that you’ve recently heard?
- Have you ever been the victim of gossip?
- What problems or pain can gossip cause?
- Have you ever gotten into trouble for gossiping?
- How would high school have been different if there was no gossip?
- How quickly does gossip spread in your school/workplace?
- Can you trust a friend that likes to gossip?
- If you heard some harmful gossip about someone you knew, what would you do?
- “People are quick to believe bad things they hear about good people.” Do you think this is true?
PHOTO: Keira Burton/ Pexels.
📘 1000 Questions and Answers to Learn English! ► https://amzn.to/2Vo4abb