How does one join a Zoom meeting? Do you need to download Zoom if working on a laptop or PC? Must you download Zoom app to join a meeting using your phone or a tab?
Joining a meeting in Zoom on a laptop or PC does not require a download; to participate in a meeting the user must just click and respond to the prompts on an invite sent either by e-mail or text message. Joining Zoom is very easy to join on mobile apps or desktop applications for Mac or Windows, which is why it became so popular for online meetings. Opening an invitation on a mobile device is similarly very easy and takes a minute following the prompts.
Join a meeting with an invitation link
Let’s discuss it step by step:
- In your browser go to join.zoom.us.
- Open the meeting ID (URL link) that was sent by the host/organizer (via email or text on social media).
- Click join meeting.
- If it’s the first time you’re using Zoom, click on open Zoom client and then join the meeting.
- If on mobile, click on the meeting ID. You will be automatically asked to download the Zoom app, though meetings can also be attended without using the mobile app.
- It’s NOT required to open an account if invited to a meeting.
- A free Zoom account is only required if a user want to invite other persons or organize meetings of up to 100.