What are ten good questions teachers can ask students regarding their New Year’s wishes? How New Year’s celebrations can they name?
New Year’s day is a time of looking back at the past year, but it is primarily a time for looking forward to the future. Except for half a dozen countries, all nations follow the Western solar calendar.
Only one in five people on the planet celebrates the Lunar New Year festival, which forms part of the traditional Spring Festival, ending with the Lantern Festival two weeks later.
The following double set of ten questions each per student appears in the book ‘1000 Questions and Answers to Learn English’ of which the link appears below.
STUDENT A’s QUESTIONS
- Did you celebrate New Year’s Eve? What did you do?
- Can you think of two things you were happy about from last year?
- What is something you want to do more of in the new year?
- What is one year? Why do we measure a year in 365 days?
- What New Year’s traditions does your country have?
- New Year’s Day is a public holiday. What is another public holiday that you enjoy?
- Do you make New Year resolutions? What is something good you want to do in the new year?
- What is something that you would like to change about the past year?
- A new year is a new start. If you could redo anything, what would it be?
- What are you excited about in the new year?
STUDENT B’s QUESTIONS
- How do people usually celebrate New Year’s Eve in your country?
- Did you have a festive meal on New Year’s Eve?
- What is something that you did a lot this past year?
- Where do you want to be for next year’s New Year’s Eve?
- What will the past year be remembered for?
- What is your most memorable New Year’s Eve?
- How do you feel when a new year arrives?
- What is a bad habit that you would like to change in the new year?
- What is something you would like to happen in the world in this new year?
- If the past year was a book, what would the title be?
📘 1000 Questions and Answers to Learn English! ► https://amzn.to/3bsmYev
🎵 Audiobook ► https://bit.ly/etaudiobook
If you want FREE resources and activities, join the Etacude email list
EMAIL LIST► https://sendfox.com/etacude
📮 FOLLOW ME
Instagram ► https://www.instagram.com/ericwesch/
Facebook ► https://www.facebook.com/etacude/
Twitter ► https://twitter.com/etacude8
📝 EMAIL LIST► https://sendfox.com/etacude